About Mile High Multilingual Services Inc.
Mile High Multilingual Services is a Colorado-based professional company founded in 2004 with the mission of promoting and providing the best linguistic services. Our main goal is to serve our communities by following high standards of professionalism, honesty, respect and dedication.
For more than twelve years, we have helped organizations in Colorado and throughout the country communicate in a culturally competent manner that goes far above the translation and interpretation process – ensuring accurate interpretation for each target audience's unique cultural values.
Download the MHMS Capabilities PDF here
- Translation refers to converting a written language (material) from one language into another. This action requires excellent writing and analytical skills
- Interpretation refers to converting one spoken language into another language where strong listening, memory and analytical skills are essential
- Modes of interpretation:
- Simultaneous: The process of orally rendering the message (in one language) into another at the same time
- Consecutive: The process of orally rendering the message (in one language) into another language after the speaker has completed the statement, sentence, question, etc
- Sight Translation: The process of orally rendering the message (written in a document) into another language
- Summarization: rendition of selected pieces of the information made by the interpreter (Mostly done by bilingual speakers and not by professional interpreters)
- Source Language: the language from which a spoken or written message in one language is to be interpreted or translated
- Target Language: the language into which a spoken or written message in one language is to be interpreted or translated
- LEP: Limited English Proficient
Being Bilingual is not enough to provide professional interpretation services.