bridging the gap (BTG) Medical Interpreter training
About Medical Interpreter Training
Bridging the Gap (BTG) medical interpreter training is the leading medical interpreter certificate program in the US today! This 5-day (40 hours) course will provide you with the most important skills and standards when working in the medical field as professional interpreter. In this class you will learn:
- Basic interpreting skills
- Information on health care
- Culture in interpreting
- Communication skills for advocacy
- Professional development
Come join other like-minded individuals who want to use their bilingual skills to boost their career in a field they’re passionate about! Most of the medical organizations are requiring BTG training as part of the hiring process when looking for Professional Medical Interpreters. Your certificate from Cross Cultural Health Care Program will be recognized nationwide!
BTG General Information
- Minimum of 10 participants
- BTG is a non-language specific training
- Application, payment agreement, deposit and LPAs must be submitted no later than the deadline
- Remaining balance is due on the first day of class
- This is not a certification class
Cost of BTG Medical Interpreter Training Includes
- Bridging the Gap Interactive Textbook
- Guide to Common Medications
- Bilingual Glossary (one per participant)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Minimum education: high school or GED diploma
- Complete application, including signed payment agreement
- Down deposit (see application for cost)
- Proof of two LPAs (Language Proficiency Assessments) target and source languages
**To learn more about LPAs and scheduling, please "Click here "
Glossaries are available in the following languages:
Cancellations/Changes and Refunds
- Minimum of 10 participants for course to take place
- Down deposit must be received to register, and remainder on first day to participate.
- Mile High Multilingual Services, Inc. reserves the right to cancel training, classes, etc., due to inclement weather, illness of trainer, general emergencies, etc. (even on the day of the training).
- Contact MHMS to confirm course cancellations due to inclement weather (ask for alternative date).
- Cancellation notice of medical interpreter training must be given in writing 15 days prior to the first day of the training to receive a refund less than $120.00 (non-refundable fee).
- If paid by credit card over the phone, a 3% fee will be deducted to cover merchant costs.
- Cancellations made after the 15-day deadline will receive a fifty percent (50%) refund. No Exceptions.
- No refunds will be offered if the participant attends any portion of the training and then discontinues attendance for the remainder of the event, including no-shows. No Exceptions.
- All refunds will be processed after the training.
- Books are distributed the first day of the training
Candidates are eligible to register for Bridging the Gap medical interpreter up to one week before the first day, but are responsible for all shipping and handling charges of books after the registration deadline.
To sign up please send signed application forms and LPA scores to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment can be made:
On-site or by mail:
7100 E. Belleview Ave Suite 111
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
For general questions or LPA scheduling please call 303-333-7900 or email at the above address.
BTG 2017 Training Schedule
- July 5th, 6th, 18th, 19th, 20th
8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Deadline to Register: June 5th
- August 7th, 9th, 14th, 15th, 16th
8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Deadline to Register: July 7th, 2017
- September 6th, 7th, 8th, 19th,20th
8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Deadline to Register: August 5th, 2017
Certificate Program vs. Professional Certification
A Certificate Program is a training program on a specialized topic for which participants receive a certificate after completing the course and passing an assessment instrument. Professional Certification is a standardized process that enables an individual to demonstrate a certain level of competency in a specific career or job function.