Video Remote Interpreting (VRI)
Our high quality, secure Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) system requires nothing more than a webcam-enabled computer and a high-speed Internet connection. You'll have a personal online interpreter in no time.
Why Use MHMS VRI Services?
- The MHMS VRI interface is incredibly easy to use.
- Our experienced customer service representatives can quickly assist with technical support issues or general questions. After-hours support is available in emergency situations.
- All of our interpreters are experienced, highly-qualified linguists with a passion for serving their communities.
- Each language interpreter must successfully complete a comprehensive screening process including a background and drug test, a minimum of 40 hours of professional training, at least 12 hours of on-the-job shadowing and 1 year of professional interpreting experience.
- Senior interpreters must complete periodic quality assurance checks to ensure they have adequate Internet connectivity and consistently provide top customer service.
We provide free training to help you get comfortable with MHMS VRI online interpreter system. We understand it can be challenging to change systems, but we strive to go above and beyond to help you become comfortable with the platform. You may schedule as many demonstration calls as necessary - we will assist you every step of the way.
- It helps you reduce costs by eliminating travel rates, minimums and the risks associated with over-booking. VRI is optimal with shorter encounters.
- Interpreters can be available more quickly last minute appointments are easier to accommodate, and you won’t have to wait for the interpreter to arrive.
- It enables remote businesses, schools, hospitals and other businesses access to a professional interpreter.
- It saves time that may otherwise be spent scheduling multiple appointments.
- It provides a more personal, higher-quality experience than over-the-phone interpretation.
- It ensures the privacy of client and LEP information (HIPAA, FERPA compliant).
How Our VRI Online Interpreter System Works
- Sign in to the secure user portal using your username and password (iPad and tablet users will need to download the application first.)
- Enter your billing and reporting information
- Connect with a professional language interpreter
Languages Available On-Demand:
- American Sign Language (ASL) -Learn more
Important: Mile High Multilingual Services, Inc. (MHMS) provides Video Remote Interpreting (VRI). VRI cannot replace Video Relay Services (VRS). For VRS services, please contact a VRS provider.